Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

M.A.C. Barbie Line: I Mean, Who Really Doesn't Want to Feel Like a Barbie For a Day?

Okay, I am just loving the new MAC (waaayyy too lazy to put a period after each letter) Barbie cosmetics line. I mean what a fun, unique idea for a highly respectable, super-cool makeup line to come out and do something like that? I don't know if in other places this happens, but when I go to my local MAC counter, there is usually a really punk girl with gorgeously made up eyes in electric blue with piercings all over her. Or a really made-up but natural looking guy. Anyways, I just expected the other lines MAC came out with way more, such as the Viva Glam line for fighting HIV/AIDS and that collection they have/had that was sort of mermaid-like. I really enjoy going through all the colors (the compacts and all makeup containers are, in the words of The Clique, "ah-dorable!) and seeing just how cute everything is. Well, here are my favorites of this makeup collection...I am quite obsessed with makeup aren't I?:

Barbie Loves M.A.C. Cosmetics Line:


As the #1 essential of the Barbie Loves MAC collection, the lipstick is long-lasting (It has Barbie cuteness, with MAC reliability) as well as adorable, and wouldn't you just love to just take out your Barbie Loves MAC cosmetics bag ($15, but sadly sold out on the internet as well as about 99% of the line-including this lipstick that costs $14) and look so glamorous taking out the much coveted (now that it's sold out!) lipstick and applying it? Then again, you should never apply lipstick in public, I read so in The Princess Diaries Volume 1! My favorite shade is definetely "Rocking Chick" which is described as a "frosted fuschia with blue pearl" (I can't put it as a picture here).


Ever since I saw a spread on bubble-gum pink to fuschia nails in In Touch or US Weekly (they are basically the same to me) I've been obsessed! I'm actually going to get a manicure tomorrow (yay) and I'm really thinking about requesting an in-between color. Anyways, even though I'm not sure if this color would look good on my skin tone (in other words make my fingers look stubby-I won't admit it!) I've seen it on other people and it is flattering! It costs $10 and (ssshhhh!) it isn't sold out! HURRY!



The MAC Barbie GlimmerShimmer is basically one of my favorite items of the line (besides the lipstick, of course...and the nail polish...okay, so maybe it isn't my favorite!) and looks so glamorous! Sometimes, or should I say usually, those "refining highlighters" don't work for me, and it ends up looking well, fake. Does it give me awesome alien-model esque cheekbones? No! Does it give me an instant face lift? Not that I really need one, but No! The GlimmerShimmer didn't give me either, but it did look very pearly against my skin and was really cute! I love the "Loves Pink" shade that is pictured, for $16.50. Guess what, anyways? Sold out, and I just noticed! You can always try Ebay, though.

Hope You Loved It!
Here is to Not Letting M.A.C. Do a Bratz Line!!!
Ya,
BYE!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAC should do a Princess Bubble line. Single Princess Bubble is a modern single girl-seems more fitting.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Anonymous: Who IS Princess Bubble? I've never even heard of her...

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohooooooo!! Ok you've officially come up to my top 5 fave list! ( i posted the idea that you should make a MAC cosmetics post on your last blog) it came out better than I expected! YOU should put a picture with soft summer looking makeup and list the cosmetics used. Way to go geisha...looking forward for more...
<3

5:55 PM  
Blogger Rory said...

That Glimmer Shimmer looks COOL! I want some!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

barbie needs to stick to the dream house and her little plastic accessories. sephora is a barbie-free zone, thank you very much. or it should be.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Barbie + M.A.C. = coolest collaboration possibly ever.
great post!

12:00 AM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Tres adorable. The lipstick is insane, but I love the body shimmer.
And yes, god forbid they do a Bratz line. But how about Smurfs? Blue can be fun, right? ;)

4:58 PM  
Blogger From Lily With Love said...

Yay! Barbie. lol. My last post was on this line. I liek how bright pink everything is.

6:03 PM  
Blogger ash said...

I read Teen Vogue!" Now, of course, it is completely okay if you don't like this dress- not everybody is born with fasion sense. No, I'm just kidding about that one, I really am not in the mood to start a comment fight! Anyways, after a couple of sentences of writing with no meaning Swimwear

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home