Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Back!!!! Yes, Yours Truly!

Hi!!! Yes, I'm back and sorry for my random month hiatus with not even a single, insignificant warning but I just really needed time to get out of my writer's block (or blogger's block *tuh-maito, tuh-mato*) and I know it sounds really cheesy, but "regroup". I am just loving a bunch of new trends up for Fall including makeup accessories, and of course-clothes! Oh, and I am really, really in with Forever 21. And this 80's disco song that goes like "spin me like a record, goes round and round..." that I can't even start to recall the title of because I have so much on my mind to post! I seriously feel like all blogger's feel on their first days of posting-just giddy. Anyways, if anyone knows remotely what song I am talking about please comment and tell me what it is so I can download it into my Ipod. Enough said. Okay here starts my first ever makeup post of the year:

The (As In "Dee" NOT "Duh") Best Fall Makeup Look


After going through what seemed like a trillion makeup photos for the Fall 2007 collections, one struck me in particular. Michael Kors? Too predictable. Proenza Schouler? Too Warhol. Anna Sui? Too Pre-Pop Warhol (whatever that means)! But then, in all of its complete glowy-ness comes Oscar de la Renta with just the best makeup look for any season, done by Pat McGrath. Of course, just to mention that Carolina Herrera's Fall 2007 makeup by Diane Kendal was a close 2nd. Now here is how to recreate it!


This Urban Decay (NOT Outfitters, gosh I always get confused!) Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in

"Baked" is just the perfect yellowish-gold to line the inner corners of your eyes. $18

This 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil, also by Urban Decay in "Gumetal" is great to line both your upper and lower lids. Remeber: Get a Q-tip to smudge the lines and the gold and grey! $15
This eye shadow- yet again by Urban Decay, in "strip" (...of bacon, of course) has just enough silvery undertones to work. Use it in a concentrated form on the creases of your lids, and go lighter from there. $16
*Use about 3 coats of mascara (your choice, but I just love Benefit Cosmetics Badgal Lash Mascara $19) and concealer (also your choice) for your bags (no foundation or powder on the rest of your face, please!) and your eyes are done!

Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls (one of the most sought after of the various shades) will definitely shine, without being too JLO! I personally love it, even though it is a pricey $23.

Hope You It!
A New Post Is Definetely Coming Soon!
Ya,
BYE!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S CELEBRATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloooooooooooo Geisha, i love your new post on all the makeup trends. I think that it is perfect(not the picture with the silver smokey eyeshadow)now that spring and summer are here! (The makeup in the picturre should be used more like for winter and early fall. It is important to match with seasons) Well my friend told me about your blog and so i checked it out. I also thik you should do a makeup blog on MAC cosmetics because millions of make-up-freaks wish they looked like Barbie so u can pull it off. This blogspot is really one of the best i've seen, you can make it into something big. If you really are interested in journalisim and the fashion industry here, you should know who posted this:D
Congrats! Lub u
-anonymous

5:03 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

mind if i link you?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Mulan: I never knew you enjoyed my posts so much!
Anonymous: Thank you so much, I really appreciate how much you like my blog and this might sound dorky and all, but I got really excited when you said that your friend told you about my blog...anyways, I don't understand when you said "you should know who posted this". Well, anyways, Thanks again!
Emma: Of course! In fact, I'll link you too! (It is OK right?)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home