Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mod: OUT! Futuristic: IN!

Hi! As you can sort of guess from my somewhat ditzy-sounding title, I am completely done warming up to Mod, and so loving anything futuristic! Many people consider the two to be almost like the same thing, but the two are completely different. Mod is much more short dresses, Go-Go white pleather boots, matching eyeliner, etc. while Futuristic is space-age, metallic, and clear lucite, etc. For example, the enameled plate necklaces and bracelets seen in the Fall 2007 Chanel fashion show were futuristic, NOT mod! Talking about mod, when will Sienna Miller's much-talked about movie, Factory Girl, come out? Oh well. It's not like I really care much anyway! Here are some gaw-geous futuristic pieces I've been eyeing...and yes, I include those awesome/tacky American Apparel metallic tights everyone has put on their blog (I can't break tradition, can I?):

Futuristic Stuff (Very original, I know):


Naturally, let me start off with the infamous tights. Or leggings. What is the difference between leggings and tights anyways? I sort of see this on a tacky pro wrestler called "The Crusher" or something or other who thinks that people don't know that the WWE is like a huge fake show. No offense to those who like WWE or anything, and I really apologize to those who didn't know about this awful "secret-y" truth. Actually, no I don't, it's about time you found out. I am just so off subject, it's actually funny! Anyways, I really think these tights are better suited for"The Crusher" than a normal person, but they were a fun piece to talk about anyway. They are lamé silver and cost $36, by the way.



These metallic Converse low-tops are just awesome. Oddly enough, they sell these at Gap, and I didn't even know until a little bit ago that they even selled any type of sneaker at Gap. They also come in a goldish-champagne color, but these are much better for the Spring and Summer months, the gold for Fall and Winter. I've never even owned any Converse before, but I think these sneakers would be a great way to embrace the Futuristic trend in a muted way. In case you haven't noticed, I'll take classic/prep rather than thrifty/bohemian any day. Maybe because I am classic/prep. Yeah, I guess that's pretty much it.


These adorable Alexis Bittar skinny lucite bangles are just one of the best finds i've seen in along time...they are just so wearable for everything. Pile on the candy-colored ones for a funky, disco affect. Put only the silver and blue and you have futuristic! They're great for school/work, parties, going-out about town...the only thing is they are $50 each...which would mean maybe I'll just leave the blue and "candy-colored" ones behind and just take the silver for futuristic. Sounds better.

Hope You Loved My "The Future..." (Spongebob Moment!) Post!
Ya,
BYE!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger From Lily With Love said...

i did a post with those that had those leggings in it, excpet bronze, they are very. . .. different.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home