Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Upcoming: Spring 2007-Ready To Wear (and Ready to Party, I just HAD to add that)



Yes, I know, we're still in January and I'm already saying the new upcoming Spring trends. It's not MY fault, why do designers send their clothes off on the runway so early? That was rhetorical, by the way. Think of it this way...more time to shop! And who disagrees with that? But anyway, all of the sought-after looks I'm featuring are shown in adorable mini-dresses that just scream Spring (!). Well, there isn't really much more to say so here are my favorites of Spring in mini-dress form:



Fringe is definetely "in" again, bordering everything from flowy minidresses to metallic clutches and not looking "western-cowboy supposed ahem chic" at all! Another big upcoming trend for Spring is big outrageously obnoxious amounts of cobalt blue in everyone's wardrobe. Now that "outrageously obnoxious" came to mind, what do you people really think of Uggs? I know, not exactly a future Times article or anything, but I just really want to know. Anyway, moving on.
Yellow definitely does not have to be mellow on the runway! Both Lanvin and Malandrino chose to include extravagant stand-out yellow dresses as well as many, many other designers. From highlighter, acid yellow tones to mellower, creamier yellows; yellow really is the IT color of the season-it's the new black! No, I mean white, no grey, I mean...well whatever, you get it- it's basically the new neutral color for Spring.

I have always, since ever, adored sequins- for my 5th grade banquet I even saved up to buy one of those BCBG sequined silver boleros...they were 'in' okay? But anyway, for dresses, this spring is all about gold sequins; flashy and maybe a bit too Las Vegas showgirl but hey, who cares? Fashion is a risk, like Courtney Love is an Oop's. Anyway, the dresses are by Elie Saab, and are adorable. Say what you want about Sienna Miller (I love her) but she did start this trend in the first place!

The shirtdress, it's baaacck! For some reason, though, it looks different. I was going to say it looks more defined, like in Karl Lagerfeld and more tailored; but then Stella McCartney goes and creates this gorgeously loose no ironing or tailoring necessary shirtdress. I guess this Spring shirtdresses are left to the extremes-Stella, all the way to Karl.

Hope You Adored It!
Luv Ya,
BYE!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rory said...

I absolutely adore that second yellow mini dress - the shade is amazing! And gold sequin stuff is just brilliant!

And how do I feel about Uggs, well, they are comfy but, not exactly fashion forward.

12:10 AM  
Blogger molly said...

ohh i love the blue and the gold

6:48 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the blue dress! so pretty.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

Yellow is the color du jour.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I agree!! The blue, yellow, and gold (specially the gold!) are all my favorites!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

cute blog!
morgan

10:40 PM  
Blogger What's Haute said...

those yellow dresses are cute...i'll have to get one for spring.

10:51 PM  
Blogger menna said...

سما
شركة تنظيف بالبخار بدبى
شركة نظافة بدبى
شركة تنظيف فى دبى
شركة تنظيف منازل فى دبى

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home