Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tiffany & Co.- Frank Gehry Collection

So, how did everybody spend their Christmas? I spent it very good, actually- great food, family, gifts (recieved and gived), friends...I loved it! Well, my inspiration for this post is the gorgeous gift my father gave my mother, a Tiffany & Co. by Frank Gehry "Torque" (meaning: strength) ring. It really is fabulous in white gold, the one my mother got, because it blends femininity and masculinity (is that a word?) very, very well. This is the exact ring:


Don't you just love it? Here are some other ones I find are just gorgeous in this collection (by the way, my mom just got the first one-not all of the ones you are about to see!):

This is also a Torque ring, but it is actually made with Cachalong Opal. This is definetely more Mod 60's/Andy Warhol than the others, which actually makes it more young feeling even though it will probably go out of style faster, too.
This ring looks more femenine than the Torque, being the Equus ring. The added brilliant-cut diamond looks spectacular with the flowy shape of the ring, too.
This folded brushed silver pendant looks so chic and modern, it is just so opposite of the whole "Tiffany's" thing you would expect, basically very unexpected.
This brooch is so gorgeous that it's sort of hard to put it into words. Like, basically, I adore that it's actually a brooch when I thought it was like some unusual ice cream spoon. I also love that it has no tacky huge canary diamonds on it like other brooches do. It's simple and classic, very refined.

This bangle is one of the most fabulous I've seen in this collection. It obviously has the shape of the Torque, but in a bangle-size. It is made in brown banded agate, which brings up another thing I love about the collection, the materials used are just so exotic! Cachalong opal, brown-banded agate, nephrite green jade, onyx and acacia wood are just a few out of the many used in the whole collection. The collection is ginormous, by the way!
Hope You Loved It!
Luv Ya,
BYE!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

Lovely! You got all of these for Christmas?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

NO! Of course not! I put the ones I liked from the collection, I actually didn't get any of them-my MOM got the first one..that's it. I mean my parents love me, but they do't love me THAT much! LOL

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omigosh those first two braclets are amazing!!!
i ♥ them!!
so cute!
=p
thanx 4 commenting me btw!

2:43 PM  
Blogger molly said...

I LOVE FRANK GEHRY!
he designed the experience music project museum in seattle, soo beautiful.


p.s. you are linked

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey geisha i love all the new post luv ya from your vacationing friend.
P.S. I even check ur blog when on vacation. cuz sometimes i get bored!!
bye mulan

5:50 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Tiffany is fresh again, which is nice. They've become more architectural and less kitschy lately. Love it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger molly said...

Oh god that would be so cool. Putting him in a fat suit and makeup,...hahahaa

8:42 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

In response to your question, my brother is sixteen, and he has a mild form of autism in addition to Down's Syndrome. And just so you know, love your blog.

10:15 AM  
Blogger molly said...

i would be heartbroken if britney spears had sex with bob dylan.
because that would mean bob dylan is not the person i thought he was.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home