Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Party Dressing: Jeans, or Not to Jeans?

Okay, I basically got inspired to do this post when my mom asked me what I was going to wear for the 24th at my grandma's house at her party. What an original story. Well anyway, since it's family and friends, I basically can either wear jeans with a cute top, or skinny pants (maybe velvet? No, I think it's gonna' be curduroy!) with like a sweater and flats. Usually, for Christmas parties, I like to wear Abercrombie knits and stuff like that. I know, in the "fashion blogging" thing, saying "Abercrombie is cool" is like a crime. Everyone just has to post things from Urban Outfitters for cheaper stuff. Guess what? I think it actually has cute stuff, AND I like Urban Outfitters, too! Beat That!, No just kidding! This would be an outfit I would wear:



I definetely like the cozy feel of this sweater and the color that's in between khaki and grey is really cute, too. The velvet lining at the hood and buttons actually makes it look luxurious, and for Christmas, it's perfect. The sweater looks really warm, and if you buy it in a larger size, wear it with layers underneath if you live in cold weather. If not, wear it with like a long-sleeved tee or tank top. It's the Beth sweater for $89.50
These skinny curdoroy pants look really cute with practically any neutral sweater you want to pair them with; cream, tan, grey, NOT black! (especially the one above) I love that they're skinny, but not horribly skinny that not every girl can wear them. I have this scarf belt from Express that has hints of gold that would look perfect with this. They're from Abercrombie for about $40 (from the kids section- A&F didn't have skinny curdoroys, these pants are just so you can see the "look".
* Wear this look with really cute flats to walk around the party comfortably and your choice of accessories. Be careful not to look matchy-matchy!!!

Another look for business parties or more formal Christmas events could be dressier trouser pants and a silky top. You could even try a little cocktail dress with a skrunken jacket if you want to look more hip:


This Urban Outfitters Lux Batik baby doll top has a great print that doesn't look tacky or "festive" but looks super cool and hip, especially when worn with these trousers and some sexy heels. It's like office hip-hippie- don't laugh- I'm not the best name maker, okay? It's $58.
These Alice+Olivia trousers actually make pleats work. I can't believe it! Ever since I tried those horrendous pleated high-waisted navy blue school pants at the uniform store in 6th grade (I seriously looked like a butchy police officer), pleats and me just don't mix! They're definetely an investment that you'll wear forever at $275.

This is officially my "splurge" look! (Do I sound all Atoosa from Seventeen?) But before I say anything, doesn't the blond model look exactly like Cameron Diaz? Seriously! Anyway, I can't afford this look, and you probably can't either so just look at the "look" and try to copy it from other affordable stores. The jacket is shrunken, which is the new look of the season, (the brand id called Development) and the silkiness makes it look really expensive. Guess what? It is really expensive at about $500.
This dress shows the new look of the year that just everyone has worn..animal prints! These animal prints on the dress are subtler, and they're zebra! I love the feel of a femine flowy dress with a more grungy but still luxe jacket. You can wear this dress with anything, too, which is great. The dress is $425, yeah, I know!
Well, I Hope You Loved It!
Luv Ya,
BYE!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Courtly Love said...

I adore those trousers. And I actually kind of like that abercrombie sweater, too.

10:34 PM  
Blogger molly said...

oooh great outfits!
especially the first: very festive! and tres chic

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were okay. Nothing out of the ordinary. Try to be a little more creative.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't apologize for the Abercrombie knits comment...they ARE super cozy.

a - http://blog.ateava.com/

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home