Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Confections + Dresses = LOVE

Okay, my last post inspired me to do a post all about my favorite confections/sweets/baked things and what dresses of the season they remind me of. From Southern Red Velvet cake, to butterscotch candies...you can notice I have quite a bit of a sweet tooth! Anyway, here it is- starting with Red Velvet Cakes!



This Red Velvet Cake from Billy's Bakery is "A Southern delicacy. A moist, deep red cake flavored with a hint of cocoa..." and looks completely delicious! I adore the icing, too.



This adorable dress looks great on anybody in just the right way, it flatters your hips and thighs, and emphasizes your waist as well. The color is just as rich and satin-y as Red Velvet cake, and it even looks better on! Dumb joke, I know. The best part is you can get this As U Wish Taffeta Party Dress for only $68 at Nordstrom-so now you can buy your red velvet cake and eat it too! (better joke). You can finally literally, paint the town red! (Best joke)

Icebox Cake!


This Ice Box cake, courtesy of Billy's Bakery, combines "sweetened whipped cream, accents of vanilla, and layers of crispy chocolate wafers..."which sounds pretty good, if you ask me! Ivory and Ebony never sounded so yummy!


The simplicity of this dress added with the unexpected details like the embroidery really make this a classic in anybody's wardrobe. You can dress it down with flats and cute, small jewelry to go to the mall or a daytime restaurant, or you can pair it with fun wedges or heels with a cute clutch to go out on thee town at night. This dress captures the black/white appeal of the cake, and the sweetness, too!
Cupcakes!



These by Billy's Bakery are my number one recommendation for anyone planning on going to the Big Apple, NYC. They are available in yellow daisy or chocolate cake with your choice of vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or you can go for something unexpected like Red Velvet or Coconut.



I chose this dress to represent the cupcakes because of it's fun, sweet, colorful attitude that you see in plain view. I love how red-orange and navy blue look together, and with the added white and polka dots? I really need this dress! Plus, the A-line silhouette makes the dress look classic and cute instead of too funky or wierd.

Butterscotch Candy!

Brach's Butterscotch Candies satisfy any sweet tooth, when you don't have time to bake or buy cupcakes or brownies, which is usually the case. They taste buttery, but with a touch of honey, so they taste sweet but not too sweet. Another great brand for Butterscotch candies is Werther's.

This ethereal dress looks so flowy, adorable and confection-y, I really want this dress!!! The satin band and lightweight mesh skirt give it such a sweet appeal, that I would just wear it with everything! The problem is, I already want these super cute Gap flats, and these adorable Keds slip-ons, as well as a button-down shirt, and lastly, this new bathing suit I reecntly saw in a boutique. Guess I have to wait...anyway, it's Necessary Objects and is $58.
Hope You Loved My Super Sweet Post (Not Sixteen or Quince, or whatever you celebrate)
Luv Ya,
BYE!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger From Lily With Love said...

Great post! I really have a craving for red velvet cake now . . .

3:05 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Haha, what a cute post! Love the icebox cake dress.

5:29 PM  
Blogger molly said...

oh my god it looks sooooooo good.

and how is that cake red?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I haveno idea why that cake is red...I just care if it's good!! LOL!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home