Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Just Adore Making Outfits! Perfumes? Not So Much!

My favorite past time ever, if this is even considered a past time, is most definitely creating outfits! I mean call me wierd, but I just love to think there are so many adorable outfits in my closet that I haven't even thought up yet! Like I whole little world in there of adorable-ness, that I haven't even half-discovered. And that's why I'm dedicating this post to an outfit creation, all courtesy of ShopBop, my favorite website ever. And to explain the part of the perfumes in my title, it is just that when I was small, I would create little perfumes with water and flowers and such, and then I would put them in my mother's empty perfume bottles. They looked very nice, but the smell? They didn't even smell like anything! And I would consider my outfits to have much more flava than that!


So do you like it? Gosh, it took me forever! My inspiration for this post was just this gorgeous Marc Jacobs cap (with moons and stars on it), but it didn't look good with anything I put it with. Either it looked too matchy-matchy or too wierd, and since I am not the funkiest person in the world, I couldn't pair it up! I then decided on a $600+ Mike & Chris jacket, but it looked a bit too Harley Davidson to pair with a dress as I originally wanted. So then came a brown Diane von Furstenberg which didn't work out, and then (ta-da!) this outfit! I just adore that bracelet by the way! Here are the "credits" (how professional!):
  • Diane von Furstenberg St. Jude Silk Wrap Dress $325

  • KORS Shoes Spice Leather Platform Pump $97.50 (SALE!)

  • Rachel Leigh Ribbon Charm in Blue Dove $50

  • Adina Reyter Small Gold Horseshoe Necklace $550 (Come on, it's an investment!)

  • Marc Jacobs Sunglasses Scott Sunglasses $260

I Hope You Adored It!

Ya,

BYE!!!

P.S.- Comment on what you think of the outfit!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like how this comes all together, however i'm not a big fan of the wrap dress or the bracelet. The wrap dress if i ever wore it would make me feel like a wannabee fashionable soccer mom. Actually i do like the bracelet what i don't like is the color of the ribbon, too light i guess? The rest is simply awesome i absolutely love the sunglasses i mean they would look super cute with a white t-shirt and jeans. Also the necklace and the shoes are super cute and they look as if i would wear them. DONT THEY? okay whatever great post i really enjoyed it.
XOXO, Mulan
P.S.- sorry for my "essay" i'm just really bored because nothing has been installed since i moved!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved the outfit although the dress isn´t my favorite like Mulan said (not sure why)well see i finally commented :)
love u guys! (Mulan & Geisha only!) lolly

7:01 PM  
Blogger Hill said...

adorable post! every item you featured is just too sweet! and love the ribbon jewelry...its the perfect shade of blue i think! fab darling!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

The ribbon charm is so lovely, I really liked it. Great find!

C.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah Carson said...

thats such a cute idea man lol and a cute pastime.. i am a clothes OBSESSIVE yes obssessive i tell you and have too many to wear but it's ridiculous i end up flinging on jeans and some junk food tee i copied off mischa or jen A half the time haha!! love the outfit! specilly the ribbon jewellery, oh my god, gorgeous! x

4:26 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Mulan: Yeah, the wrap dress doesn't really look your style... The shoes do, though!

"Anonymous": What is "lolly"? Anyways, thanks for (FINALLY!) commenting!

Hill: Thank You! I know, that shade of blue IS amazing!

Cris Lazoru: Thank You! Shop Bop carries it in more colors, too!

Sarissa: LOL! Thank you!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Uh do let's trade links! I already put you in my link list!

C.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mulan!
My name is now Dawa not anonymous! :D
From your other BFF

7:23 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Cris L.- Yeah, sorry! I just keep forgetting/Am too lazy... I promise I'll do it ASAP!

"Dawa"- Might as well go for Sagwa! LOL

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i loved your post i really liked the shoes they are too cute! love you
LIAN :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

LOVE THE OUTFIT. The dress is adorable, I think.

1:40 AM  
Blogger LOK said...

hii! i love the whole outifit together, but like mulan said, i don't love the dress or the bracelet. i adore the necklace, the shoes and the glasses. lolly!!(dawa a.k.a.-sawa..ok no sorry i just had to put that)well i like this post! lol well bye.
~LOK

ps:thanks for the pj's they were suoper pretty!! i love them i love them i love them!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

I love to do outfits too :)
love yours
x0x0
Su

2:44 PM  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

oh I have a poodle too! the black labrador and a little cute poodle hehe

x0x0
Su

7:49 PM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Ok comment#3! Since I love your blog I'm tagging you!

http://uberchicblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-tagged.html

C.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love everything you picked out, the pattern on the dress is so pretty and the necklace goes perfectly together so cute!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I LOVE that outfit!!
I would wear it in a second

2:24 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

A little late, but I love that Rachel Leigh bracelet. i hhve been eyeing one of those for a long time! I just wish I could convince someone to get it for me...

3:41 PM  
Blogger LADY said...

LOVE yoru blog! Such a great outfit too!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Emily ♥ said...

..... love it. 'nuff said! :D

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home