Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mary-Kate and Ashley's Elizabeth and James Line- Adorable!

Hi! The other day, while I was being a lazy bum and watching E! News on my couch, I saw that they did a feature on Paris Hilton's brand opening in Kitson the other day. Immediately after, I had a major lightbulb moment to save me from Blogger's Block! Yay! I would do it on celeb lines...but who? I mean, I had a pretty huge list to pick from- Sienna Miller, Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Sarah Jessica Parker, and even Amanda Bynes. Paris Hilton gave me the idea to do this post (and I was actually about to do it about her line) until I saw the "collection". Ew. The satin puffy shirts look beyond cheap, and I literally cracked up when I saw a tee with her face on it. So I started thinking of an alternative-hmmm...MK and Ashley! They have come out with two lines: The Row, the more expensive, high end line- and Elizabeth & James- the more affordable line named after their brother and sister. I chose E&J...Here are my favorites of the line- Hope You It!:

Before anything, though: The dress Paris Hilton wore to her collection premiere in Kitson LA. Even though I admit this could tend to go to the rap star/Vegas/tacky/VMA's side, there is another side (which is much better) that is flashy but not trashy- just sort of show-offy, but in a good way. I do have a sort of "evil theory" (LOL) though, that Paris tailored hers so she could look better than everyone else that wears the dress. That, or she pulled it off amazingly, and the model has been doing a lot of what I've been doing over the Summer and not much else (unlike moi)- being a lazy bum. But, whatever. The dress costs $128- oh, did I mention the line was pretty affordable? Oh yeah, I just did :)

Elizabeth and James:


Okay, ah-mazing! It is just so cool and funky (but still glamorous) that it actually makes Paris' collection look like an SNL skit. The White Fur "Glam" Jacket takes center stage, obviously, but the look is made even better with the plum dress underneath. Oh, have a mentioned how much I am adoring the color plum lately? Probably not, as I haven't posted in forever (sorry!) but I hope this post makes up for it :) Anyway, I didn't expect this collection to be SJP for Steve and Barry's cheap, but if this is the "affordable line", than how expensive is "The Row"? The Goat hair jacket is $995, and the dress is $275.


If anybody is thinking of jumping on the chunky knits bandwagon- this is the way to do it. I just love how cozy the sweater looks (I really hope it isn't itchy!) without looking like "loungewear". It looks super versatile, too- but to make it look fashionable and not wierd and 90's (in a bad way, because I know the 90's are coming back) pair it with skinny pants/jeans or leggings. And heels! So cute. The sweater is $365 and has big roomy pockets, too; the leggings are $220.


I just love this dress! If Paris needs any tips on how to design a sequined dress- it's all here. This dress has no Las Vegas/Rap star side- it actually has a vintage-y thrift store side that is just so cool. It may/may not have shoulder pads (I'm not sure), but from the picture, I think it does! Which is great, because it reminds me I seriously have to start taping Golden Girls on Lifetime (or Tivo-ing them) because I'm always missing my fave show EVER. So yeah- oh, and don't you see Chloe Sevigny wearing this dress in the near future? It looks so like her! Anyways, this adorable dress is $495...and wear it with cooler shoes than the model is wearing in the picture, too, please!
Love Ya,
BYE!!!
P.S.- The random-ish ending is because I did this post piece-by-piece, and the end is me typing while very sleepy, which is always a hazard :)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool post and atleast you finally did one lol! also try doing a post about L.C.'s new line it looks super cute from what i've seen. ILY!!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! you finally posted! ok i love the dress paris hilton wore i think i told you that already or did i tell lian..? anyway i love this post and mulan is right, it would be super cool if you did a post about LC i love it 2! lol ily
-lok

ps: happy i took the picture of lol

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for a new post! i so want to sleep in that comfy sweater :) Ily!!!!! <3

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the post! it was awesome. try no to stop writing again lol. ily 2!!!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the dress Paris wore and I especially do not like that fur jacket. It looks like they tortured a rug and made it into a jacket! But I am in love, love, love with that knit sweater. I'm not loving the sequined dress, either, but I'm more fond of classic style then the wave of sequined clothes that have landed in Hollywood. Oh well, I'm just not a sequined gal. And if they think I'm going to spend $220 on leggings, well, that makes me crack up. I'm sad to say I'm dissapointed with the line. I truly thought it was going to be much better. Oh well. Maybe The Row is.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ellie Lee said...

they clothes are totally gorgeous!!!! haha!!! love love the fur jacket and the sequined dress!!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ana said...

i adore that final sequined dress. although it looks like one mk olsen wore a while ago.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Loved Lizzy and Jay! Lol new nickname. Very cute

C.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Othalia said...

the sequined dress is great!!...not sure about that fur jacket though...bloggers block: happens to me allllll the time...lol

3:53 PM  
Blogger Moose on the Loose said...

The Olsens are so darn cool. I love their line and their amazing sense of fashion. Fabulous post!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Blonde & Blue said...

i adore your blog... its stunning and sooo easy to read...

i particuarly love the name
xxx

8:33 PM  
Blogger The Redheaded Bandit said...

i luv that sparkly dress

8:29 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

You need to do another post! Ahh I love your blog...you seriously need to get blogging again!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

6:43 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
nike vapormax
yeezy boost 350
balenciaga
cheap jordans
air max 95
ferragamo belts
moncler outlet
nike air max 95
jordan shoes

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home