Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 10, 2007

I Heart...Paris!

Before anything, I'm really sorry for being completely M.I.A. lately, it was a mix of Blogger's Block (it happens a lot to me), lazyness, and not having time- but I'm back- and with a batch of fresh new ideas, too :) As I am über-excited planning a vacation to Paris for my birthday next year I decided to do a post on the fabulous "City of Lights"! I mean, the chic-ness of it is so overwhelming (in a good way)- the petit fours and macaroons, the gorgeous people and not to mention, the shopping. You can tell I am beyond giddy to go on this trip already so what better way to get even giddier than do a post about it? Here are the best places I've found to shop, sleep and dine in Paris (France not Texas!), Enjoy!
Where to Eat!


One of the most premier bakeries in Paris, Ladurée was even recommended to Juicy Couture website readers by Gela Nash and Pamela Skaist-Levy (the creators of the brand)- specifically, their delicious macaroons! They are famously crisp on the outside and smooth and soft in the middle, and they come in 13 permanent flavors as well as some seasonal and limited editions as well. The company also makes a signature perfume, champagne, many other sweets, and adorable wedding cakes.

Where to Sleep!



The Ritz Paris of course! As one of the most famous (and most elegant) hotels in the world, it exudes "ritzy-ness". The drop-dead gorgeous Prestige Suites that include the Coco Chanel suite (she actually lived there for a portion of her life) and the Chopin suite are famous throughout the world...though I have to admit, my absolute favorite is the Elton John suite, done almost completely in pink! Even though it is quite expensive (the most affordable room is 710 €), I promise it is worth every penny. The room pictured here is the Marcel Proust; doesn't it remind you of The Little Princess?

Where to Shop!

Since shopping is my favorite thing to do in any continent, I decided to write about more than one Parisian shop here. One of my favorites is the beyond-hip Colette were everyone who is anyone has shopped. There, you will find everything from Marc Jacobs Mouse Ballerinas (my favorite item in the store) to Disney Swarovski Cell Phone accessories- and an array of beauty products, too (they currently have the Daisy by Marc Jacobs eau de toilette)! Then there is Dedier Ludot which will be the first shop I will set foot in when I go to Paris- I seriously am dying to go. The hype around this vintage couture store located under the arches of the Palais-Royal gardens is beyond imaginable as starlets such as Kate Moss (fashion icon) and Demi Moore (not really a fashion icon but still) regularly shop there. Think Dior, Balenciaga, Givenchy and Hermes- some of my favorite designers (emphasis on Hermes and Dior). Lastly, to shop the real designer stores (not boutiques or vintage shops), head to the Place Vendôme which has everyone from Mikimoto and Tiffany's, to Chanel and Cartier- and is where the Ritz Paris is located.

Colette: 312 rue St.-Honoré, 75001; métro stop Concorde; (331) 55 35 33 90

Dedier Ludot: 24 Galerie Montpensier, 75001; métro stop Palais-Royal; (331) 42 96 06 56

Book to Read While in Paris:

Not coincidentally the book I am reading now, Project Paris, the follow up to the first book A Girl Like Moi, follows the main character Imogene and her best friend Evie while they are staying in Paris. It obviously has to do a lot with fashion- but it is funny and adorable too! By Lisa Barham.

Au Revior! (Okay, I know, cheesy!)

Ya, BYE!!!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post! when are you going to paris? I got back already call me!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool post! paris definately sounds sweeeet lol <3 ya!!!!!!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved the post!!everything sounds amazing and extremely pretty, (obviously).love u!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a fashion problem and I hope you can help! I live in Texas, where its summer like weather all year around, but my favorite fashion is that of fall with tights and jackets and such. Do you have any ideas how I could do a more climate friendly version of the latest fall looks? Thanks!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Emily ♥ said...

Cool.
You must have done a lot of reasearch(:
I went to Paris when I was like 7 - and I would like to go back.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

Froydis: Of course! I love playing fashion super woman :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Fashion Fleur said...

i love colette!
and of course the ritz, too (;

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo paris for your brithdayy!! i love love love laduree! so much. i jusst came back from paris but i already want to go back!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure i'll trade links with you! :)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i though i had posted a cmomment... anyway, i love this post and well i already told you on the ohone...love ya, can't wait till friday!!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

commented*
phone*
sorry!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Courtly Love said...

Laduree macaroons are incredible. You're so lucky you get to go to Paris for your birthday!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ah, gay Paree.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

There are no words to say how much I LOVE Laduree. Last time I was in London, on my last day I went and got one of those boxes that fit like 50 macaroons to bring back home. I just love them soooo much! I would give my arm right now for a citron one. Ok I got carried away. Hope you have the best time!

C.

10:06 PM  
Blogger SKYLA said...

Hey geisha-I went to paris last year, don't know if you've been before, but it's amazing. I had such a great time. it was a school trip with my friends and one I'll never forget. Hope u have a great time!
have a look at my blog
www.lets-cut-to-the-chase.blogspot.com

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omg does this hav anything to do with the fact that ur taking french this year? anyways i hope u can go to paris!

12:00 PM  
Blogger gilda said...

i've never been to paris, but it's top on the list of places i wanna go. ahhh!!!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home