Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The 80's: More Than DJ Tanner's Hair and Madonna

This post is going to be about the 80's comeback in fashion that have been seen in almost all the Fall Runway's. And wierdly, leggings are "IN" more than ever. But not colorful neon colors, but more simple black ankle-length leggings. Here is an idea of how to incorporate the trend into your wardrobe:

THE LEGGINGS+COAT COMBINATION

The Cameron Trench from Delias is the perfect length for this combination because it's not too short or too long when paired with leggings. Also, the trend calls for something to make the coat special and here, it is the big buttons and military style collar. The price at $64.50, is really great because it's a piece you'll wear a LOT.

Pair the coat with these Danskin Womens Supplex Ankle Pant leggings (left) that will make your legs look slimmer and more defined. They cost $31.50, which isn't that bad considering you'll use them in almost all of your 80's-style outfits. If you feel wierd about wearing leggings as pants with a short trench like the outfit calls for, then you could always wear the Miss Sixty J Lot Skinny Pant for $89.99, instead.

These Davis by Ruthie Davis Element boots (left) are literally one of the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen!! But they don't come cheap at $243 (they're on SALE!). If this is too expensive, you could opt for the Leather Foldover Boot which at $125, is a way better deal because it still maintains a super high cute factor.

I don't know why I like this Nine West bag so much, but I do. I really do. I love how it has the black trim so it blends with the other black accessories, but it still has an animal print to make it pop. It's the Itemize Frame Satchel and at $29.99, you can have your cake and eat it, too (no idea why I put that).

Hope You Loved it!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh you know those pants that you said will make you seem 'slimmer' will just create the dreaded 'ice cream cone' effect? and if I saw anyone wearing those, I'd have to kill them.
The boots are cute though, and I like the bag too.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I said they would make your LEGS look slimmer, not your body!

10:25 PM  
Blogger morgan said...

I simply LOVE the 80's fashion..... and i think leggings are like the cutest and most versitile thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Nice post. I liked everything *but* the first pair of ankle boots. There is something very wrong about decorative studs/eyelets on shoes. Or on anything else actually. The heel isn't too hot either. Although the second pair of boots are wonderful. They look really comfortable too.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, and that's what the ice cream cone effect is. It creates that weird look that makes your hips look huge in comparison to your ankles. I've seen it happen before and its scary.
I don't mean to sound mean, I really do like your blog.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home